Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Girls Cabin!

Last day of camp. I woke up at like 6:30 am. It was loud. Me and Cairo started talking then everyone woke up and said"Morning to everyone". Then suddenly we heard the boys talking, because some people went to the toilet maybe that's why.
Mrs McLean came in the cabin and said" Morning girls, hey look people are still trying to sleep so keep it down". It was akward because I thought of an idea! I said, "Hey guys why don't we pack our bags so that we can get ready to go". So we quietly went to do that in an excited way. Then we heard the BOYS. Someone said, "What are they doing?"
I said, "They must be having a disco ball in there."
 Each and every one of us got up, and rushed out the door. OMG! They're dancing. That's the first time I've seen a boy dancing. Well its not, but it was a crack up. While they were dancing they saw us outside.Oh no! They saw us, oh well. By the time we stopped laughing it was 7:00am. Mrs McLean came rushing down the hallway and said" Girls you can get changed and have breakfast after you have dressed."
Yay finally we all ran out and went to the bathrooms. It was dirty.... but who cares.

We got dressed, then we got called into the dining room, so that we knew what we had to do today. After our breakfast, everyone went to do their jobs (oh no everyone was rushing to get it over and done with)
We went to our cabin it was a MESS. Do you know why?  Because there were clothes, bags and pillows. Then Sylvia stepped on something. It was her HAIRBRUSH!  It was broken into pieces because it had NO handle.(hahaha)It was so funny everyone was laughing because she held it up and said in a mad and angry voice, "Where is the  handle to my hairbrush?" It was awkwardly silent and someone giggled. Sylvia got MENTAL well, a little bit! It took us a long time until it was clean and spotless. Our bags were heavy as some people weren't strong like ME.

It was about time we got everything in the bus. The inspection had happened, and we were back from our little walk up to the lakes behind the camp. We all ran down to our bus seats and started to, you know, TALK. I played the ukulele on the way back, me and Cairo had turns. My papa Orcades that helped passed us in his vehicle. People were having a great time and I didn't even know that we were in Wairoa. Beau-dean said, " Did we have our Fish'n'Chips?"
I said,"No." We got out of the bus and rushed to our lunch by the river. Yes Fish'n'Chips waiting for me on the table. I odered a Hot dog and it came with chips. I ate my hot dog and went to the playground, then I saw the most beautiful puppies ever.(Which were pitpulls) We got to hold them and pat them. I liked the boy dog. It was a real dog not the Hot dog that I ate! It was time to go then we left Wairoa it was an hour or 2 hours back to Napier. We passed Lake Tutira and then we were in Bayview. I said" We're nearly there Cairo". When we got onto York Ave and passed the corner we saw Porritt School Road patrolers. Finally we were there and it was good to see my mates again.
But Camp Kaitawa was AWESOME though and a good exprience for me and others. I hope Room 15 and 12 have a great time too.
By Hineawe

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

great story Hine. And very funny. from Cairo

kathleen said...

wow that must of been very fun I'm sure yous had a great time.
I remember going to that camp when i was a kid and i have never forgotten it.