Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Survival Swimming at Onekawa Pools

I stepped into the water, and then I did a big splash. On Wednesday 20th we went to the amazing Aquatic centre. When we got there we went to the splash park at Onekawa pools. I got heaps of pictures on the camera.
Then when we came back to the poool area we learnt how to do the "help" position, and how to get out of a rip current. You swim diagonally to get out of a rip current. Then we put lifejackets on. The first one I tried on was too small so I tried a different one and it fitted perfectly. Then we tried the group huddle, not in the water though. Then we stepped in the water. Not hopped, stepped. Then when the lady, who is called Maxine, blew the wistle we had to do something. Once, it meant to put your hand up straight. That means help when you're in the deep water, and two means to do the help position, and three and four mean to take your life jacket on and off.That was hard.
My huddle  group was Manaia, Sylvia, JmeLee, alannah and me. we did all sorts of things. I loved it, but it was hard work.
then we had a free swim. i went on the slide. it was so cool.Then I went with Sylvia's grandmother back to school. She had a cool car.
I had an amazing day. I loved it.
Michelle

No comments: